Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sundays at the Farmers Market ....

It's Sunday Novemer 6, 2011 and after a chilly night with Northern California rainfall. I awoke from a restful nights sleep relishing in the idea of Spring forward...fall back.

Today is a fine day to attend church and stroll the Farmers Market. So that was my journey this morning.
The brisk cool air was counter-balanced by the warmth from the sun. I was happy as a lark. I even had enough change in my pocket to pay the "super close parking". Yahoo....as I skipped gleefully along the way. Reminded me of Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ.

Anywho I soon found out that arriving to the FM at 12:30 pm is not the wisets choice. Why? Everything was picked over.
The Mushroom guy...no mushrooms. The Pepper Guy...no peppers. Frank my go to Farmer from Half Moon Bay. .... Nada. The only thing I bought were four Meyers Lemons and two sweet potaots for my test recipe. Alas... I'll have to walk the isles of ... Safeway.

Lesson learned: Go to the Farmers Market before church.

No comments:

Post a Comment