Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

                                                      
Happy Valentine's Day! Every once in a while, it's a good idea to treat yourself. And what is more special than treating oneself to a great meal on Valentine's Day. Today I decided to take my single-self out to one of my favorite restaurants, Italian Colors in Montclair, and savor the joy and food. In truth, I’m glad I ditched my Jenny Craig meal for a solo table on the patio. The air in the restaurant was filled with an abundance of LOVE! Not only for each other and the food… but for an opportunity to see and feel the option of HOPE on the horizon.

Now, I WAS the only single-soldier in the room, but surprisingly in the restaurant I didn’t receive the typical “what’s wrong with you glare”. Rather the room was filled with women with the children minus a significant other. In addition there were also young and mature couples savoring the special cocktails and appetizers hand-crafted by the Chef Alan and his team of culinary geniuses. The night was all about love. Whether it was love for yourself, your children or partner or for the food. It was a nice departure from the past couple of years.

Dishes? Yes…. The dishes were amazing as usual. I had sturgeon for the first time. It did not disappoint. Plus the lobster filled ravioli were divine! Cocktail? I had a Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail. Dessert? Nothing but CHOCOLATE with raspberries, strawberries and whip cream. I saved half the meal and eat all my dessert and cocktail like a good little Culinarian.

All in all…it was the perfect evening. I hope the love continues throughout the rest of the year.

Happy Valentines Day…and remember.... Cooking with love always makes any recipe tastes better!




Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment