Monday, April 23, 2012

I should have never learned how to make this....


I was watching one of my favorite Chefs and Food Network celebrities,  Giada De Laurentis make her little girls birthday luncheon.

Captivated as always, I watched her make cupcakes with homemade frosting. The cupcake looked simple enough, but it was the homemade frosting that trigged my inner Chef and curiosity.
After learning how to make this frosting...now I know why cake or cupcakes are a vehicle for the tasty, the creamy and oh so goodness...IT'S BUTTER!
I deviated from the recipe just a tad..hoping to reduce some calories (yeah, right!) ... Plus I didn't have any whole milk on hand. The results..creamy and very addicting!
2 heaping teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
2 heaping of powered sugar. 
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of room temperature super soft unsalted butter.
In a small bowl mix the butter, cocoa powder, powered sugar and vanilla. Mix the ingredients until smooth. It's that simple! If the mixture is too thick dilute with water (yes, I said water... Please don't report me to the good police) about a teaspoon or small amount of whole milk.
Use the mixture to top just about anything...cakes, cookies, etc.
Keep at room temp...don't store or you'll just have chocolate butter for pancakes.
Enjoy... And remember cooking with love makes everything tastes better.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment