Monday, July 28, 2014

Perfect timing ... I wanted to pickle something this summer.

Skirt Steak with Pickled Fennel Salad http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/skirt-steak-with-pickled-fennel-salad?mbid=social_20140705_27248966

Whether you create recipes on your own or stumble across a "to die for" recipe... cooking is inventive, fun and so satisfying.

Today I was reading the news on my little handheld device and came across a recipe for skirt steak. Who can't resist a skirt steak. Inexpensive slice of meat, juicy, easy to prepare and cooks in minutes. Only thing is ...when they say to cut the cooked steak against the grain... they aren't kidding. You can spend 10 minutes chewing the meat that has been cut improperly and never be able to swallow. Plus it will taste like flavored rubber.

Any way. What truly caught my eye was the recipe for pickling. I've been searching for simple recipe for picking and here it is at my finger tips.
Heat proof glass jars, check
Pepper corns, check.
Fennel, check.

New adventure in culinary world! Excited where this might go and the what else I can pickle.

Remember cooking with love, makes any recipe taste better. Let's put that theory to the test with pickling. More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment