Thursday, June 28, 2012

Angie C's favorite salad dressing...

I love salad! I enjoy creating recipes around the different textures and flavors of lettuce, arugala and ripened tomatoes. Latest creation ... spinach, red onion, sliced green or black olives topped with tuna (packed in olive oil).

The kicker is the salad dressing. Simple, filled with flavor and easy to prepare. Here's the recipe:

1/2 Cup fruity olive oil.
2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar.
1 clove of garlic (peeled and cut)
1 tablespoon italian parsley
1 tablespoon basil leaves
1 rounded teaspoon of Grey Poupon mustard.

When choosing ingrediants for this recipe ... step out of the box and if you can afford to splurge choose an olive oil that is light in flavor. Whole Foods has a great selection at moderate prices. Try one or two...if the selection doesn't work for a salad dressing use the oil for cooking, roasting or a marinade.

Next, balsamic vinegar. So many too choose and the prices of some bottles are out of this world crazy. I once watched a show on how balsamic vinegar is made from a remote location in the hills of Modena Italy. The vinegar was aged in different barrels and while some were as thin as water...the ones aged for years in barrels were as thick as honey and just as sweet. Of course the best balsamic vinegar is from Modena. Interesting enough I like my balsamic a little sweet and tart...but, most of all priced affordably. Voila...Newmans' Balsamic Vinegar is actually very good. Priced right and very tasty...and you guessed it...from Modena.

Garlic. I know, I know...garlic is garlic. But, at the Farmer's Market they have been selling garlic cloves with a hint of a purple hugh. Don't know why, but it has a stronger garlic flavor.

Grey Poupon. Need I say more. This little condiment make just about everything taste better. Dressing, meats, eggs...you name it. I always have a jar in the fridge.

I drop all the ingrediants into a mini food processor and blend until smooth. Seconds later I have dressing for a couple of days and it tastes way better than any dressing you buy in the store. Most importantly is cost much less.

Try the dressing and hit me with our thoughts....and remember cooking with love makes any recipe taste better.

Lady E
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment