Monday, July 30, 2012

Blackberry + Crostata = Baker's Dream

What to you get when you combine fresh seasonal berries with a Crostata? Joy in your tummy, that's what! Whole Blackberries and home
Pastry is super simple, thanks to one of my favorite Chef's Giada's!
Hot out of the oven. Blackberries bubbling and the smell of butter fills the kitchen. Wish this one was mine! Off to Mama Dales for tasting.
Close up baked...the whole berries are so yummy!
Powered sugar, as Giada would say..."adds a touch of elegance".
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lady E you have done it again! The crust of the Crostata was flaky & perfectly done. The Blackberries kept their fresh flavor with just the right amount of sugar. The warm treat was a delight with Vanilla Bean ice cream that night & we couldn't resist having it with coffee in the morning for breakfast. This is the perfect comfort food to welcome guests & I can't wait to order some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mama Dale! I'm so glad you enjoyed your Crostata. It was important to me to showcase the fresh berries and not overwhelm them with sugar and spices. So, I'm grateful that you and MacDaddy enjoyed the goodness of the fruit and the crust. However, the Crostata wasn't exactly perfect and now that I have a few tricks up my sleeve, I owe you and MacDaddy another one before the Blackberry season ends. Thank you again, for being the Perfect Purple Lady, my GFF and The Best Personal Banker at Torrey Pines Bank! Until next time...remember, cooking with love makes any recipe taste better!. Lady E

    ReplyDelete