Monday, July 7, 2014

Food makes me smile...

A funny thing happened while dining out with my best friend at a local eatery. I poured my favorite dipping sauce of olive oil and balsamic vinegar... and low and behold the mixture actually smiled back at me!

Now, I know this might be silly, but could this be just a interesting coincidence? Or possibly a message in the mixture? Maybe I was smiling on the inside because I was with my bestfriend that I have known for over 3 decades? Or was the universe smiling back at me for following my passion for food and writing? Or was God smiling down on me for finding my passion?

Either way, the laughing bowl couldn't be ignored. What did I take from this moment... other than a tasty treat? That even in the simplest things you can find joy, laughter and happiness. Take the moment to find laughter in all that we do... no matter how simple.

Find the things that make you smile, bring you joy and express it in whatever gift you've been given. So, I commit to writing.
I commit to my gift and sharing it.

I hope it makes you smile.

Lady Elayne

No comments:

Post a Comment